Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Yas Run

Yas Marina Circuit
This is a Formula 1 race track on nearby Yaz Island, which also has Ferrari World, Water World, and IKEA, but NO gas stations (Kim and I found this out one LATE night at IKEA when we discovered my gas "idiot light" was on). I couldn't pass up the chance to do a running event on it, so being completely out of shape, I did the 5K. 

I met up with my colleague and friend, Reda, for it. His wife Yasmin and daughter Zaynab 
were our cheering section in the stands.


This is the best running surface ever!

 As we began our run and I started snapping photos of the track, he called me a
 "freaking tourist" and left me in his dust!


 And we're off!


...and the crowd goes wild!


Why it's called Yas Marina Circuit
This is no ordinary boat dock…every one of these was a huge, amazing yacht!


The futuristic looking Viceroy Hotel, which is lit up with purple lights all over it at night, is literally right on the track 


Coming in to pit lane…
our finish line

 Not my fastest run ever, but I got some fun photos along the way
Ha! I bet those pro drivers, like Sebastian Vettel, Fernando Alonso and Mark Webber don't take pictures on THEIR way around the track!

They had a few cars on display that you can actually come and drive…
for a price!


Look out Dania Patrick!

No comments:

Post a Comment